Fawkes House Country Spa Retreat offers sustainable accommodation Perth Hills.
As a visitor to Fawkes House we can assure you that everything possible is done to lessen our impact on the environment. Our eco cottages are environmentally friendly in many ways
Eco Hotel Perth Hills-Fawkes House
Sustainable Accommodation Perth Hills. Saving energy is second nature at Fawkes House.
- Solar panels supplying energy and feeding back to the grid
- Instant gas hot water heaters
- Solar heating of hot water for kitchen
- Efficient reverse cycle heating cooling with timers
- Energy saving globes throughout
- Line drying of towels, linen
- Wood burning stove in winter heats dining rooms in main house, cooking, heating hot water, Utilise wood from property as fuel.
Recycling is taken seriously at Fawkes House
- Old towels and linen donated to animal rescue
- Replaced curtains, other furnishings donated to op shops
- Rubbish sorted for refuse collection as appropriate
Eco Friendly Lodges Perth Hills
Shop Local is our motto when selecting suppliers for our spa retreat.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables sourced from The Shed on Welshpool Road and Kalamunda Farmers Market
- Meat from Sebastian’s Kalamunda
- Coffee and teas from local Rubra Coffee
- Organic JOIPure for our spa and bathroom products
- Eggs from our own chooks
- Seasonal garden produce from our own garden
- We minimize our use of harmful chemicals where possible, using eucalyptus and orange oil for daily cleaning
- Washing powders are chosen that do not damage our soils
- Only natural products are always used in our vegetable garden
Eco Cabins Perth Hills
How do we give back to our community?
- Fawkes House regularly donates prizes to local charities
- We employ local tradesmen and services for garden and property
- All supplies are purchased from local businesses whenever possible
Sustainable Accommodation Perth Hills ........ Fawkes House .......... how as a guest you can contribute.........
To help with this we offer:
- Provision of shower timers in cottages
- Option to retain towels, linen over stay
- Timer on reverse cycle
- Bottle, can, recycling, place adjacent to bin
- Refillable shampoo etc. as guest amenities
At Fawkes House we are always looking to maximize our sustainability across all areas and we welcome new ideas you may have.
We are very proud to have won two awards acknowledging our success in protecting and conserving our environment.
Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce 2013 Sustainability Business of the Year
Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce 2014 Sustainability Business of the Year